Homemade ice cream of fresh basil or front yard lavender and vanilla bean
Milk and cream are first infused with herbs and vanilla overnight prior to churning into ice cream to heighten flavor.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup sugar, preferably extra fine
- 1 vanilla bean
- 10-15 large basil leaves OR 1/2 cup lavender leaves
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Pulse milk with sugar, vanilla, and herbs until herbs are coarsely chopped. Chill in refrigerator overnight.
- FIlter out herbs with fine strainer.
- Add cream and run in ice cream maker for about 20 minutes.